Unhappy in your current career? Do you lack clarity, vision, or courage when you try to imagine yourself doing work that's soul satisfying? Are you reluctant to learn new things in order to reinvent yourself? This book is designed to help you find your right livelihood.
In today's marketplace, we all need to adopt a mindset of the self-employed individual and accept responsibility for being our own boss, even when we work for someone else. The old “social contract” has been broken and replaced with one that holds independence (making individual contributions) and interdependence (collaboration with others) as its core elements.
This book provides answers, facts, inspirational essays, and – most importantly – an opportunity for you to explore your heart's true desires. Elaine Voci, Ph.D. brings superb writing skills, and a fascinating work history of 30 years in which she changed careers – not just jobs- more than six times, including one that meant moving to Japan. Elaine has successfully practiced in her own career what she is going to teach you about reinventing yourself.
In this book you will be helped to explore:
* How to use your talents, interests and values to mobilize your career
* The decision to go back to school, or not – and the value and the absolute need for continual skill building through learning
* The power of networking and the hidden job market
* How to express your authentic self on your resume
* Preparing for successful interviews – actions you need to know and master