What happens when a woman is diagnosed with gynaecological cancer? How will this diagnosis and its treatment affect her? What are the implications for her sexuality and sense of self?
'Lives Interrupted' delivers up-to-date information on cancer therapy, offers insights into the complex journey faced by women diagnosed with a gynaecological cancer, and traces a woman's very personal path through the treatment of her illness.
An informed and compassionate account of what to expect, 'Lives Interrupted' includes:
• explanations of the different types of gynaecological cancers
• inspirational accounts of women's inner journeys through interrupted lives
• guidance on different treatments available and best medical practice
• details of collaborative and holistic approaches to treatment
• the latest HPV screening guidelines and the impact of HPV vaccination.
Told from the interlocking perspectives of clinician, carer and patient, this is a story of medical progress as well as of women living with courage, grace, joy and love when cancer 'interrupts'.